Sunday, January 24, 2010

Less Than 48hrs

So here we go. Less than 48 hrs to go till I'll be leaving good ol' Indiana. I'm excited, a little nervous but mostly excited. I have a girl that also goes to Purdue traveling with me, so that's nice. I also know a few people people that have been going to school there and that studied abroad at Purdue.

I'm all packed up for the most part. I weighed my suitcase last night. I had to stand on the scale, hold my suitcase, and have my mom read what the scale read. It was humorous. I have found out that I have approx 20 lbs to spare which I'm sure I can easily take up, but I won't of course if I don't have to.

I just looked up the weather in Aberystwyth, Wales. It's around 40 degrees. They use Celsius of course, and military time so that will be something to get used to. They say it stays between 30's to 50's most of the time. Lost of drizzling. I think I would prefer that over just rain like we are used to in Indiana.

So for those who don't know why I'm going or what I'll be doing. I decided to study abroad for my last semester of school (Yes it's my senior year!) just for the fact that I could :) and you always hear about people regretting not taking advantage of such an opportunity. I really would like to travel as much as possible while I can.

I had 7 different countries that I could choose from to study abroad in. I chose Wales because it seemed like a more tranquil location away from busy cities, plus I was told I would probably have the most animal contact at Aberystwyth. Since I love horses and they have a HUGE horse barn and arena I thought that would be a plus. They are BIG on horses and sheep there if you didn't know. Unfortunately I can't work or volunteer but I will be able to learn to ride horses better.

Incase you were wondering how to pronounce "Aberystwyth" it sounds like "aburst-with". LOL I excited to learn some of the Welsh language. All of my classes will be in English but they still encourge students to speak in the Welsh language.

Well that's about all I can think of to say right now. I hope I can keep up with this. I'm not one to like writing but I usually end up being happy after I take the time.

Thanks for reading,

When you think of me pray for me please :)

Love,

Kelli

No comments:

Post a Comment